Monday, October 7, 2013

Color Secrets Pro--Freaky Friday & Great Expectations Swatches & Review


Hey beauties! Today I have some Color Secrets Pro swatches I meant to post a few months back, but I split my 2013 nail folder in two and I completely forgot about it. The 2 polishes I have are from Color Secrets Pro Summer Radiance Collection. I am new to this brand, but I was really looking forward to trying the polishes out because the colors are fun, bright, and named after movies. I loooove movies and have a big blu-ray collection so the movie name thing got me even more excited. Let's take a look at the swatches!


Freaky Friday--3 coats plus topcoat. I really love colors like this, but they're so hard for me to capture! I had to use my phone to get these color accurate pics. This one dries matte so it needs careful application. Dry time was fast. My brush had some extra long strands and I had to trim them. I don't really like having to do that, but I had no application issues after trimming them. 



Great Expectations--3 coats plus topcoat. The color is quite nice, but the formula was super thick and made application difficult. I had to use 3 coats for it to level out. The brush was fine on this one. 


Overall the colors were both lovely, but the wonky brush on one and thick formula on the other made my experience so-so. You can purchase Color Secrets Pro polishes here for $4.99 each. Orders $35 and up ship for free.



2 comments:

  1. Too bad you needed 3 coats... You should expect opacity in 1 coat!
    Love the colour though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Expectations looks great though, I wouldn't have guessed the formula was thick or hard to apply!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to leave a comment. Reading all of your lovely comments always makes my day =] Please do not leave links in your comment, I will not publish them. If you would like me to check out your blog, please feel free to send me an email at heartnat24@gmail.com