Thursday, January 19, 2012

China Glaze Magnetix Collection Swatches

Hi everyone! Very exciting post today--China Glaze's Magnetix Collection! It consists of 6 magnetic polishes and a magnet which is sold separately. It was my first time using magnetic polish so please excuse the first few pictures as I was still trying to get the hang of it. Anyways, onto the pictures! (All swatches are shown with topcoat)

L to R: Instant Chemistry, Drawn to You, Pull Me Close, Cling On, You Move Me,  Attraction

Here's the little box that the magnet comes in

Front of the magnet

Back of the magnet

Attraction.

Attraction

Attraction

You Move Me

You Move Me

You Move Me

Cling On

Cling On

Cling On

Pull Me Close

Pull Me Close

Pull Me Close

Drawn to You

Drawn to You. Fail!! This combination would not cooperate with me!

Drawn to You

Instant Chemistry

Instant Chemistry

Instant Chemistry


  • The two that gave me some difficulty were Attraction (the charcoal color) and Drawn to You (the light purple). They both have a very thick formula that for some reason did not work as well with the magnet as the other colors. 
  • The directions say to apply one coat of the polish and use the magnet right away. I tried this and it was not working out so great for me. I felt in a rush to do application and the magnet effects were just okay for me. What I did that worked well for me was apply one coat of polish, let it dry, and then use a second coat of polish with the magnet. 
  • The chevron and star designs were a bit tricky to use. Even if you get a crisp star design, the design would kind of fade and look blurry after a few seconds.
  • The names are all so similar I can't remember them for the life of me, but that may just be me =P
Besides those things, I have to say I'm now a fan magnetic polish. It's actually a lot faster for me to use magnets to create a fun nail design than to use other methods I usually use like stamping. It literally only takes 5-10 seconds for the magnet to work! These may be some new "go to" nail polishes for those who don't have enough time to do nail art. In case anyone was wondering, I purchased these polishes for $5 each and the magnet was also sold for $5. The nail store I go to sells polish for almost half the retail value so I would expect them to retail around $10, but don't quote me on that! 

24 comments:

  1. Omg! I need this... did you get these at US Nails Supply?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! None of the guys were there and the girls were extra shady this time. I hate how they leave the display half empty and pretend they're sold out. I have to keep bugging them to bring more stuff out.

      Delete
    2. Ugh that's irritating! The women there are so weird... and pushy. The guys are really nice though!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, these colours are so much better than the Boots 17 ones available here in the UK! And that magnet is fantastic! I want it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That magnet is really cool. I love how it has different ones to create different patterns. The magnetics I own all have the same magnet :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing a couple colors that are not as deep/dark as other manufactures have tended to only use when it comes to magnetic polish. I started to wonder if the physics only worked with darker pigments for some reason. Love to see some beautiful reds, pinks and tons more shades eventually that are magnetic. Hopefully this is only 1 collection of other releases to come for China Glaze. Finally some magnetic polishes that are available to many of us who have no ULTA stores and other limited outlets to the few places that have the other brands. My area only recently got Sally's. I was cheering big time when it moved here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty cool!!!! Thank you for the swatches :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I def want the blue, purple, and the pink/reds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :D So excited about these! Too bad everything takes forever to get to Canada :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are fantastic! I was wondering what they'd measure up to but haven't seen them around here yet. Thanks for the great swatches :) Adding a few to my wishlist!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look amazing! I've bought the magnetic polish by Catrice and they kind of suck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely colours & swatches, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW I love the blue one best! You did the magnet thing great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I need these. They look are gorgeous!!!
    I loved the idea of using one coat and then another one and then using the magnet. I'm not much of a one-coater either lol.
    I linked your post in my blog, but it's in Portuguese cause I'm from Brazil =)
    http://portaldasunhas.wordpress.com/2012/01/13/china-glaze-magnetix/
    Thanks for the swatches =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where do they sell these? At Sally's? Sorry - totally new to this blog! (Which is awesome!)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love magnet polish! these patterns are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love magnetic polishes. the patterns are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  16. Attraction and Drawn to You look a little gritty

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to leave a comment. Reading all of your lovely comments always makes my day =] Please do not leave links in your comment, I will not publish them. If you would like me to check out your blog, please feel free to send me an email at heartnat24@gmail.com